OLYMPIC CHAMPION | ENTREPRENEUR | MUM
My career in sport and the experiences that have come my way have shaped me into who I am today. I’ve conquered, I’ve under-performed, I’ve progressed, I’ve fallen behind, I’ve felt fear, I’ve felt invincible, I’ve cried, I’ve laughed, I’ve felt pain, I’ve felt perfect, I’ve won, I’ve lost, I fought hard, I’ve risked, I’ve been overwhelmed, I’ve worked HARD…but most importantly, I’ve learnt and continue to learn a hell of a lot about myself and the process of achieving success. I love connecting with people of all ages and sharing what I know through guest speaking. I want to inspire you to be the best you can be. To find your vision, go after it and achieve it.
Lydia Lassila has represented Australia in four Winter Olympic Games. She currently holds three world records, the latest being the first woman in history ever to perform the quad-twisting somersault. Lydia has always set the bar high and has been out of her comfort zone and pushing the boundaries since her Olympic dream spawned at the age of six. She feels fear on a daily basis, but pushes forward regardless; all in an effort to be the best. Throughout her career Lydia has encountered many setbacks, mostly due to injury, but battled her way to the top to ultimately achieve her goals. Off the slopes Lydia continues to inspire people with her fascinating story through keynote and motivational speaking. When Lydia speaks to an audience she highlights the importance of having a clear vision and demonstrates how you can bring that vision into reality. She has an incredible understanding of achieving goals through diversity and has mastered the art of juggling life as an elite athlete, mum and an entrepreneur. Lydia is an incredible source of inspiration; she knows the rhythm of success and shares her methods to audiences, which can help individuals set new standards for themselves. Lydia knows what it takes to make the mind excel and is skilled at understanding human behaviours. Audiences will come away with clear strategies on how to maximise their potential. They will feel empowered to take charge of their lives, identify their vision and create a plan to live their dreams.
- Lydia Lassila is Australia’s leading female aerial skier and one of Australia’s Winter Olympic greats.
- Lydia has competedat four Winter Olympic Games including gold at the Vancouver Olympics in 2010 and bronze at the Sochi Olympics in 2014. She has had numerous World Cup wins and podium finishes.
- Currently she holds three world records in aerial ski jumping and was the first woman in history to perform a quad twisting somersault.
- Lydia has been honoured throughout her career and just some of her accolades include winner of the Don award, Athlete of the Year by the Australian Institute of Sport, Ski and Snowboard Australia Athlete of the Year and the Order of Australia Medal.
- Lydia is also mum and an entrepreneur, running her own business Body Ice.
Presentation Topics include but are not limited to:
- Planning to win and the courage to see it through
- Identifying your purpose
- Mental skills for self improvement
- Goal mapping and meeting deadlines
- Overcoming fear and adversity
- Maximising your potential and striving for excellence
- Accepting accountability and defining your limits
- Working as an individual in a team
- Work/life balance
- Decision making
- Managing risk
To have Lydia speak at your next event contact us
WELCOME to my site – a place to share and reflect on the life experiences I’ve had as a professional athlete, mum, wife and business owner. A place to share my journey and the amazing people who have helped me get the best out of myself. It’s also a place for random snippets relating to food, family, travel and gear I can’t seem to do without. Enjoy!